8 March 2008

So this is it. The big day. We had some delicious authentic Kelantanese nasi dagang (or nasi dage as my friend calls it) for breakfast. It was superb of course. I wish my friend is here to enjoy it with me or I could tapau it back to KL or something but that's not possible la kan? We started early to the polling station. It poured for a while before turning to drizzle all afternoon. We're among the first to arrive there at SRK Sultan Ibrahim 3. The school was mostly empty except for a few early birds like us. I went straight to my polling stream (saluran 4) on the second floor (thanks Rina!). The classroom was filled with the SPR people and 2 representatives from the candidates. First I checked my name with the SPR guy. He took some time to find my name on his list. I was almost worried that it might not be there at all. But then he found it at last. Within 5 minutes, I've done my responsibility as the citizen of Malaysia.
On the way out, the crowd was growing and my mom managed to drag me to meet her UMNO friends. I felt really awkward trying to make small chat with them especially when they asked me who I voted for. Usually I'll say my vote is confidential (i.e none of your business) or I'll just grin and keep them guessing. Later we went to pick up my grandma who voted at SMK Sultan Ibrahim 2, that's next to my old primary school. There's was much more crowd at her polling station because it's nearer to town plus a lot more people lives around there.
Afterwards my mom and my grandma went shopping in town and then in the afternoon I rushed back to Tanah Merah to pick up Linda cause she hasn't cast her votes yet. Linda's polling station is just near her home and we all (including Adam) went inside the school to accompany her. Adam wanted to go inside the classroom but obviously he can't. I don't think the policeman on duty would let him in anyway. Fortunately it was all over within 5 minutes and we went to pick up Linda's mom next. She's voting in Bukit Panau, that's some way outside Tanah Merah town and by 4 o'clock, everybody in our family has performed our duty. And now we wait for the results.

1 comment:

  1. laa tak bestla makan ngan ayam..sedap lagi dengan ikan tongkol...

    *salivating already*

    ReplyDelete