12 April 2008

I had a dream last night. I got myself a gym membership under Malaysia's body-building champion, Mr. Sazali Samad. But before he agrees to train me, he had to test me and the rest of the new applicants there first. I did the 20 push ups he told me to do plus 10 more with one arm only (just to show off). So Mr. Sazali Samad duly accepts me and just when we're about to start our first session, my alarm goes off. Dang! FYI besides jogging, I also (ahem) pump some iron afterwards every morning so I guess that's probably why I got that dream last night. I hope I'll get the same dream tonight so I can continue where we left off yesterday. This way, I'll get buff like him in like no time at all he he!

Two days ago I found a mouse near my front door. It was a young albino mouse, all white with red eyes and everything. It just sits there on my door step. I quickly grab the mouse by his tail and threw it down the drain hoping that it'll drown or something. Cute as it is, once they've grown up, they'll still going to carry dirts and diseases to our household someday. And since I didn't have the heart to crush anything larger than a cockroach, I decided throwing it into the drain would do the trick. Yesterday when I got home from work, I found the same mouse sitting on my doorstep. Okay that's too much. This time I grabbed Ratatouille here (that's his nickname) by the tail again (he ran into the house first and I chased him under the sofa) and threw him at a pair of cats who happens to be waiting outside my house. Instead of thanking me for the free breakfast, those stupid cats ran away instead when I threw them the mouse. Anyway the mouse ran into my neighbour's house and that's the last I saw him until...

... this morning when I saw Ratatouille (surprise-surprise!) sleeping peacefully on (where else?) my doorstep. So I grabbed him with a piece of cloth, filled up a pail with water, threw him inside and close it with another pail. That's what my grandma always did back home in Pasir Mas anyway. Drown the mouse in water. Last time I checked on him, Ratatouille is still swimming and kicking inside the pail. Malik Maidin would have been so proud!

My wife Linda has always advised me to take it easy with my exercise. She said if I go jogging 6 days a week, I'll get down with fever on the 7th day. So did I listen to my wife who'd known me for more than 7 years, better than anyone else in my family? Noooo! So today, although I only work out for like 5 days straight, I'm already down with fever. Sigh. Hey maybe it's not the exercise! Maybe I'm under the weather. Maybe it's what I had at Seri Mutiara the other day. MAYBE, it's all Ratatouille's fault! I did hold him thrice already this week right?

Lately, I love spending my time outside my house, you know enjoying the view. Have I told you I got some new neighbours next door now? Today I stumbled into 2 of them while they were hanging their laundry outside. Being the shy-shy guy as I am, I didn't say anything but just grinned a friendly smile at them which they replied. Hey, you gotta be good to your neighbours right? Thank God Bujal didn't move in next door. If not I'd be looking at his face instead. It's bad enough that I had to see his face everyday at work he he!* Gosh, just how many bras does 3 women wears in a week? I saw 5 pairs hanging on the washing line today.

Today I went to Kuala Selangor and Pantai Bharu to deliver some UPS. The one in Pantai Bharu was like 100 tonnes and I think I hurt my left arm moving that thing to the 32nd floor. I need my wife back! Now!


* Just kidding Bujal! You know we all adore you! (Thanks for the lunch today and yesterday :))

1 comment: