14 March 2009

It's balik kampung time again. School holiday plus the fact that my wife missed her bantal bucuk at home so much, I had to go. My Mom tagged along for this trip today. We left early in the morning to Manjung in Perak to pick up Linda's mom first. She now works there full time taking care of my nephews. I used the PLUS highway instead of the regular Kuala Selangor route because I wanna get there faster. We exited at Bidor town and drove to Teluk Intan before reaching Manjung. The toll costs RM17 something but we definitely got there faster.

We stopped for about an hour at my in law's place and had an early lunch before continuing our journey. From Manjung I drove to Bruas then to Kuala Kangsar and to Grik all toll free. The trip using the East-West road (not highway) took about 2 hours. The road was in a pretty bad shape in some parts but I had no choice really. The alternative would be the Karak-Gua Musang route or the East Coast highway all which are much further away.

We stopped in Tanah Merah for dinner and to drop off my MIL. For the record, the famous Tok Wan nasi lemak in Tanah Merah is not that good anymore. The nasi lemak is plain and the chichken is forgettable. They don't make it like they used to anymore. We only got to Pasir Mas around 7.30 PM. Later that night I went to a restaurant in town to watch the Man U - Liverpool game which we won brilliantly! The Man U versus Liverpool fans were evenly distributed at the restaurant tonight but you know which side goes home happy right? It felt like all my fatigue and tiredness had all but gone away after the match.

Gathering together at home with my grandma, we couldn't help but talk about politics which my Mom butted in. Being an ardent supporter of BN, my Mom was clearly irritated hearing me bashing BN and UMNO. Being a government civil servant and all, my Mom is the kind of person whose brainwashed for years by government propaganda. She's so ever grateful for everything the government had done for her and Najib is like her icon and hero. I said you gotta to be kidding me. It's their responsibility of the ruling government of the day to take care of the people. I bet PR would do an even better job at managing the country should they be given the chance. It is wrong for BN to give selective development to some and deny the rest for others just because of their political difference. These leaders (whom many are Muslims) shall answer to God in the hereafter for all their injustice and corrupt ways. Naturally my Mom was irked by my lecture and she just scorned there quietly. I guess I should just avoid talking about politics in front of my Mom in the future. She's a lost cause and it would be nearly impossible to change her beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment