28 September 2008

Yea yea balik kampung!
We started off early in the morning in anticipation of any traffic jam caused by the balik kampung rush. Fortunately they were none because the road was clear all the way to Pasir Mas. I think everybody has plenty of time to go back this year because Hari Raya is next Wednesday and people had started returning since Friday or even earlier.
We stopped twice, one in Raub and another in Gua Musang. Like I said, the road was clear save for a few places where people slow down to watch those accidents.
Since this year we will be celebrating the 1st of Syawal in Tanah Merah, I took this opportunity to go back to Pasir Mas first. I took the Machang-Salor-Pasir Mas route which proved to be a HUGE mistake because there was a super-massive traffic jam just before the Pasir Mas-Salor bridge. One hour for the 5 kilometer stretch. Next time remember to use the regular Machang-Tanah Merah-Pasir Mas road.
My Uncle Din and family arrived a day earlier while my mom and two other siblings Faiz and Izni arrived at around the same time as us. It was Lina's turn to go back to Johor Bharu this year so she won't be around this time. I had a really delicious ayam percik for dinner but too bad my grandma didn't cook enough rice for everyone. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment