29 September 2008

After spending the night in Pasir Mas today I'm back in Tanah Merah, my wife's hometown. Final 2 days before Raya. This time of the year I usually avoid going to town, any town - be it KL, Tanah Merah or Pasir Mas because there surely will be jams. Crazy traffic jams. As everybody from out of town arrive and go about at the same time, the usually peaceful and placid tiny town like Tanah Merah or Pasir Mas will be buzzing with activities.
Also when everybody comes back driving their own cars, traffic would swell up to 3 times the normal volume. Only during the Raya times can you see traffic jams in Pasir Mas or Tanah Merah. Other times you can have a picnic* in the middle of the road.
Today though, I have no choice but to go to Tanah Merah town because I have to buy a songkok (a traditional Malay headgear). Don't know what happened to my old one. Driving the car is simply out of the question (unless I wanna brave the traffic) so I borrowed my FIL kapchai and ride to town with Linda and Adam.
As always, Adam still become the center of attraction although not as much as last year because this year he's got some rivalry from Mia and his two cousins. Oh have I told you about my new niece? Stay tuned!

* Okay I'm kidding, most of the time it's not that deserted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment