12 February 2009

When I was a kid, I was quite a naughty boy. I threw tantrums, I lied, I stole stuff, I ran from home, many times I didn't listen to what my Mom and Grandma said and did exactly what they told me not to do. Once my Mom became so exasperated with me she seriously considered bringing me to see a bomoh (witch doctor) so that he could 'fix' me. I guess growing up without a father figure, someone with authority whom could discipline me somewhat contributed to my bad behaviour.

But that was then. I changed tremendously the moment I stepped into boarding school. Being on my own without my family, I learned to appreciate and love my parent, siblings and family more. At a boarding school you're all on your own, there's no one to watch over you and who's got your back except for your friends.

Maybe it's true they say. When a guy is very naughty when he was small, he'll be a good person when he grows older. I'm not saying I'm the perfect son or child but I do look after my Mom whose all alone living by herself in Serdang as much as I can. You know she cannot depend on her daughters who is and will be married and have families of their own. And my brother Faiz, well he's still has the whole world in front of him at the moment, once he finished his degree and start a family. So like it or not, my Mom will have to lean on me, his eldest son.

Yes we had our differences but if you know me like my family do, I just can't fight or sulk for long with members of my family, especially my Mom. Now that I got kids of my own, I truly realize how hard it is for my Mom to raise all four of us (especially me) almost all by herself.

Tomorrow is my Mom's 55th birthday. Happy birthday to you Mom. Let me assure you, you did one heck of a job raising me. Your most naughty, difficult and stubborn child ever. I love you Mom. Happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment