14 February 2009

I don't know a movie about one over-grown gorilla could be so damn engrossing. So that's where Charlize Theron and Sayid of Lost started out.

Anyway, today I went to KL alone meaning to find some stuff for this little project of mine. Just when I was about to step into Low Yat Plaza I got a call from my Dad. He told me to come and see him at LCCT in Sepang. I didn't have the heart to say no so I just drove all the way to LCCT to meet him.

My Dad is moving to Limbang in Sarawak. He's got a new job there. This time it's going to be something he's really good at, plantation. Specifically, opening a new palm oil estate. Although he's going to be far away from his family for months in end, I'm actually glad that he took this new job. At least he'll be in his elements, you know, doing things he love. Definitely better than his old marketing job. I have this little motto in life that goes like this: if you love doing your job, then you'll never have to go to work ever again. You'll just go out everyday and have fun.

The reason he wanted to see me is because he'd like to ask my favour to take him to a courier company in Nilai. You see he brought along his 3 huge luggage bags. And when he weighs them at the Air Asia counter they told him it's gonna cost RM1700 to carry all of them to Kuching. Plus a few hundreds more from Kuching to Miri and finally to Limbang. That's why he thought it'll be much cheaper just to courier them to Limbang.

Because of that terrible traffic jam in KL, I only got there in LCCT 15 minutes past 12:00. I picked up my Dad and we looked around Nilai, getting lost twice on the way before finding the courier company only to see it's closed already. And we're only like 50 seconds late. I bet the office closed 20 minutes earlier. So I suggested that he went to the post office near LCCT to just post all his luggage. We found the post office easily enough and after 10 minutes, we're done and his things will be in Limbang in 2 days time for half the Air Asia price.

I'm a terrible son. I should have keep in touch with my Dad more often. I know he should have told me he's going some place far away but I guess it's my fault too that I rarely bothered to call him some time.

Well at least he can depend on this son of his.

So good luck Dad with your new job at the new place. Remember to bring home one big crocodile head for me okay? Say hi to Kenny Sia and Eera if you see them. You take care now.

No comments:

Post a Comment