21 February 2009

I must have been living under a rock, like Patrick. My colleague got married to a second wife who happens to be another colleague of mine late last year and I didn't even know about it until today! But then again, my previous job description requires me to go out as early as 9:00 in the morning and most of the time I didn't get back until 6:00 in the evening. After that I went straight to pick up my 2 kids and do my daily chores. Where got time to hang around and listen to the latest goss with my crew at Thoiba ma?

As tempting as marrying a second may be, I think I'm going to stick with my one and only. I'm not emotionally and financially strong to take care of another one. Even if I'm financially sound, I'd probably won't either. I'd go crazy thinking and worrying about both/all of them. There's no way they'll going to live together in peace.

I pity the first wife. She had to take care of the kids so far away back home while the hubby flirts and eventually marries his office mate. She must be devastated. Any sane wife must be crushed. And the sad thing is, there's nothing she can do about it. As long as her hubby is fair (I hope so), there's not much she can complain about. But is it really fair to her? The first wife? To the husband meanwhile, you can have fun now but once the reality sets in, things won't be so rosy then. Once your old wife started her rebellion and demands that your let her go, all hell will break loose. I should know, I've been there and done that with my folks.

So moral of the story here is, ladies, be careful if your hubby work long distance over a long period of time. Anything can happen when you guys are so far away and apart. It doesn't matter if it's Mallaca or Mumbai. Feelings fade or flourish. People can change. You'll never know what the future holds for you so better be safe than sorry.

*DISCLAIMER. This entry has nothing to do with anyone whose hubby going to Mumbai or wherever. Any similarity with anybody I know is purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment