12 February 2000

I woke up very early yesterday to pick up my new bike driving license. Kindly Uncle Din dropped me off at the post office. Found out I only have to pay RM5 to make my license. The driving school earlier asked me RM40 for the license. Bloodsuckers. How could they sleep at night? Now I'm a complete man. I have my Identity Card and both car and bike driving license. Just need to find a girlfriend next. I changed my sprocket for 25 bucks today.

Later I met up with Dad at Park View cafe right in the middle of UPM. Yeah he was indeed surprised to see the new me. I also found out first hand about my Mom and Dad love story. Turned out they did met here in UPM, while they were studying. But they didn't get to know each other only after they graduated. I mean after Dad graduated. My Mom dropped out of college somewhere in the middle. Did you know that they were the last batch of diploma students before degree programmes were introduced in Universiti Pertanian Malaysia. Dad even stayed at the 3rd college. But that was then. Now he's living with his new family somewhere in USJ. Dad was still his old big self although I can see he's getting older. I brought Dad to this rented house of ours and he gave me some money before he left.

Hey what do you know, tomorrow is Mom's birthday. Think I'm going to send her a card and even a phone call. I've never send her one before, a card. What's got into me?