14 February 2000

Hey, it's my Mom's birthday today! I mean yesterday. I planned to call her tonight but she called me instead. Happy birthday Mom. I wish that you'll have a long and prosperous life. Well, you should have. For once, you don't smoke unlike me. Who knows she might even live longer than me.

These past few days I've been thinking about owning a house. A real house, all to myself. Not a rented house not a bachelor's pad that you share with a dozen others. I even got a long list of stuff that I'd like to fill my future house with. Furniture, lots of them. I probably have to save a ton of money before I can afford it. Maybe I need to skip lunch too. Hmm. Think I'll probably buy an apartment for around 30K or so. Mom built my home in Pasir Mas for only 25K. It must be around KL or in the Klang Valley at least. But first I must buy myself a brand new RXZ bike. Then I would start working on owning a house. Wouldn't it be great to actually own a house? Having all the rooms, windows and doors all to myself and I can do whatever I like with it?

But of course I need to start studying first and finish it. To buy a house you need to have loads of money which come from your salary which require you to have a job which can only happen after you got yourself a degree. Even if you're planning to apply for a home loan, you'll have to have a job first because they won't just hand out loans to everybody on the street right? What's more you'll probably want to get married and have kids therefore you'll need a house for your family to live in.

It's Valentine's Day today but I don't see what it has to do with me. Anyway we're not supposed to give a damn about it. It's not our culture. It might be different if I got myself a girlfriend at the moment which I don't. If only...

Just makes me sad thinking about her.

At least now I've got a house to keep me motivated for the time being.