8 February 2000

Tonight I related my tragic love story to my friend Tini. I think she should realise by now that we can't be no more than friends. I hope she understands. She's becoming a really good friend of mine.

To say I am broke right now would be an understatement. Even though my Dad lives not far away, I can't expect him to provide for me as much as he used to can I? He's got a family of his own now and asking so much from him wouldn't be right. Whatever it is, he's still my Dad and nothing can change that, no matter how bad it's been. I do hope he would learn from his mistakes. If only he can stick with a permanent job. I can't remember the last time he had a long term job. He'd be living a much better life right now if he did.

But don't worry Dad, one day when I make it big in life I won't forget you. I'll remember everything you've done for us since we were small. Perhaps I'll send you to perform the Haj with Mom or buy you a car or something.

But first I have to start studying, if I ever want to do something like that.