16 February 2008

As a blogger, I always tried to be neutral and apolitical when it comes to politics. I have friends and family members from both sides of the fence so I choose not to discuss much about politics around them or anywhere on my blogs. After discovering Malaysia Today.net though I started to follow the Malaysian political scene a lot more closely. Previously I was blissfully ignorant about anything that happened in the corridors of power, what the people we vested the power to lead us do in the public or hidden from view. However since the general election is just around the corner, I just can't lay back and pretend nothing happen. I have to give out my point of view. I must make my voice heard.

I've been contemplating of writing this piece of article here since last night. I have all the main points in my head as I lay on my bed. I was already giddy with excitement then but I choose to hold them off until the next day cause I'm way too tired to stay up after a rough day at work.

This morning I woke up just before 7, did my prayers and fired up my Ubuntu PC and started writing. 3 hours later I finished my first draft and posted it on my blog and did a ping to Petaling Street. I also send a copy of my article to Mr Labisman of Malaysia Today.net. After one hour I get about 50 visitors but still no trace of my article on Malaysia Today. 2 hours still nothing. Then I thought what the heck, I don't expect Malaysia Today to post just about any letters sent to them. They got a zillion hits per day and they should have other more important articles to attend too. So I cleaned up the house a bit and proceed with washing my car which badly in need of washing.

3 hours later I checked Malaysia Today again and there it was, my article published in the Latest News and Letters/Surat column. 10 hours later my blog received more than 1200 hits and counting. I didn't care so much about the hits but I absolutely loved the positive feedback and comments. I have made my point and I do hope that humble little article would contribute something for the good of the people. Time to change.BN: Not always the smarter choice.


And oh yeah, thanks Mr Labisman!

No comments:

Post a Comment