9 February 2008

If it wasn't for Astro, I would have died of boredom at my in laws place. Linda was happy to see her niece and sister of course but as for me what to do? So I spend most of my time there eating, sleeping and watching TV. Tonight we watched the movie Gubra on Astro Ria. Aside from the positive message conveyed by the story I can't help but compare some of the scenes in the film to Faizal Tahir. I'm sure you must already know the brouhaha he cause by going topless at a live show not too long ago. But if you watch Gubra, you can definitely see a lot more skin and flesh showed by the actors than what Faizal Tahir did. Gubra will make Faizal Tahir looks like a pope.

Don't get me wrong, I love Yasmin Ahmad and her commercials and films. I just don't get the double standard practiced by the authorities in this country. I know the actors and actresses are just following the script but the crux of the matter is, what they did is basically the same. You're telling me it's okay for Adlin and Harith to bear it all and Faizal Tahir can't? Where's the logic in that?
The next morning Sharifah Hazlin (my sister in law) treat us for brunch at this famous Nasi Kandar restaurant in Seri Manjung. She said their briyani rice is the best. I think they're okay but I still like our Restoran Maulana's briyani in Serdang better he he.
We departed from Seri Manjung at 4 o' clock and we arrived home around eleven after stopping three times and going through that massive traffic jam near Teluk Intan. I was meaning to find a romantic place overlooking the river for dinner tonight but too bad no such thing exists in Kuala Selangor. We end up having dinner at some not so romantic road side stall just outside Kuala Selangor.

No comments:

Post a Comment