7 February 2008

Today my mom, grandma, Faiz and Izni left for Penang to visit some relatives over there. Few people know this but my dad hails from Penang so we have a number of relatives living there. Plus my dad's mother (my other grandma) was buried there a few years ago. My siblings and I used to go there a lot when we were kid but not anymore. I missed that house at Changkat Gelugor. I wish I could go too but I don't think we could afford to at the moment. So I settled with going to Manjung instead. Besides, I already promised Linda we would go there this CNY.

We left home around 1 o' clock. Taman Kencana was relatively easy to find and we only got strayed once (meaning we did get lost a little bit). We didn't see the puny Shell petrol station so we missed the junction to Taman Megah Jaya. The wedding was lavish (compared to ours la). They set up four tents and there was kompang and karaoke. Lucky for me we got there at the same time as the brides so we didn't have to endure those horrid karaoke singers. I met Nobet there. I didn't recognize her at all with her bulging stomach. She's the one who called out my name then I remember. I used to go to her office before to fix stuff. I don't know whether she still works there at JPSB or not cause I rarely see her nowadays.
Linda didn't see any of her old schoolmates except one. She said the bride was not as popular and as vogue as her in school so no wonder la nobody came ha ha!

We left the wedding after 2 PM. Stopped at Shah Alam for Zohor prayers and left for Manjung after 3. Three hours later we arrived at Seri Manjung. Nobody told us they have moved to a new house until I was already near her old place. We waited for 15 minutes or so for them to return from shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment