12 January 2008

It's been one heck of a day today.

This morning we had a staff meeting at the office. We worked until 12.30 PM today, half day on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Then I went home to pick up wifey and kid and drove to KL Sentral to pick up me dad. He's here for some re-union dinner with his old friends in Serdang. We had lunch at McD in Equine Park. We simply love prosperity burgers and twister fries. Too bad they only sell once a year.
5 o'clock Linda, Adam and I went to my mother's place in Serdang. My dad stayed at home. The two can't never meet. My aunt and uncle from Pasir Mas came by today joined by my other two uncles from Kota Damansara and Sungai Buloh. Lina and his kid were also present so we had sort of a family gathering in Serdang today.
My dad's dinner starts some time after Maghrib but since my uncles arrived so late we only went to pick up dad after 8 o' clock. Lina was supposed to join me and dad for his reunion dinner but since it's already too late to go, dad decided not to go. In the end we had dinner in Kajang.
Actually I'm caught in the balancing act. I just couldn't ignore my mother and not go meet my uncles and aunts but at the same time I've already promised my dad to join him for dinner. My dad paid hundreds of ringgit to attend that old boys reunion dinner at Mardi last night but he missed it because of us. FYI my dad used to study there in UPM when it was still called Kolej Pertanian Serdang. That's where he met my mother by the way. Anyway the dinner's was just not for old time's sake. There's plenty of big shots present yesterday and he's there on a business mission among others. What am I to do? I couldn't possibly please everybody all the time. Next time I'll just have to get my priorities right. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment