26 January 2008

Linda brought Adam to work today so we went out earlier than usual this morning. I drove all the way to KL to drop Linda right in front of her office. We set out at 7 o' clock and after a brief stop at McDonald's we got there at 8:00 am, only 30 minutes left to get to my office. On the way to KL we saw a 3 vehicle pile up on the opposite direction and I'm sure that road would be really congested right now. So I decided to ply the new KL - Putrajaya highway. I didn't know they start charging people for using that highway until this morning. The first toll plaza at Salak South costs RM1.50 and the Putrajaya exit costs another RM2.50, that's 4 ringgit altogether from KL to Putrajaya. That's the most expensive toll charges I've paid ever. However, traveling using the KLP from Jalan Tun Razak to Putrajaya took only 20 minutes (at an average speed of 110km/h) and another 5 minutes from Putrajaya to my office in Bandar Putra Permai. So for today I'm not complaining about the cutthroat fare yet. It is expensive but the up side is I can get from KL to Putrajaya super fast.



At the office today, The Boss told me to look at his personal desktop pc. After that he asked me to upgrade that pc so I suggested that he adds some more RAM. So later after work, Bujal and I plus a few other colleagues went to The Mines Shopping Fair. We had some McDonald's prosperity burgers before we left. Then I rushed to pick Linda at her office again. 20 minutes using the KLP got me to Jalan Tun Razak but it took me another 20 minutes to get to Lorong P. Ramlee because of the massive traffic jam.

I got home and installed the 2GB of RAM that I bought earlier and to my surprise there's only 3.25GB showing on the System Information. The pc already had 2GB of RAM before so add another 2GB it ought to be 4GB right? I was already worried that I might bought the wrong RAM type before I found out that Windows XP cannot fully utilize RAM bigger than 3GB. The only solution is to upgrade to a 64 bit Windows XP which is not really recommended because that version do not support a lot of hardware in the market. Duh, I was worried for nothing.

Earlier this evening while I was walking quickly to get inside the house under the pouring rain accidentally graze the gate and cut my toe. It bled and it hurts like hell. Sheet +5.

Bujal told me The Boss read my blog now.

Hi there boss! Welcome aboard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment