28 January 2008

Linda woke up this morning with a really bad knee pain. Actually she's been complaining about her knee all week but this time it's so bad she couldn't possibly go to work in such condition. So we went to the Jameaton clinic and get her knees checked up. The doctor gave her a jab on her shoulder , some ointment to rub on her knee and the day off.

Today was a pretty exciting day for me because I finally managed to download the Kalyway Mac Os X86 dvd from the Internet. This is a specially modified dvd which enables you to install Mac Os X on many Intel or AMD based pc provided that your hardware can support Mac Os (many of them do). Like how cool is that? I wasted no time installing the dvd on a high end HP workstation at my office and it worked! I mean the EFI installer booted up nicely but I didn't actually proceed with the full installation because it would screw up the Windows partition. So I went home today all prepped and eager to test this dvd on my pc but sadly after like 3 hours of trying I just couldn't get the installer to boot. Dang!

I read that getting the BIOS settings right is essential before you can install Mac Os on your pc. So anyone out there who successfully set up their Asus P4C800 deluxe motherboard to boot Kalyway Mac Os X86, could you please give me some guidance here? Please? I can't sleep at night until I get this right :(

No comments:

Post a Comment