25 January 2008

Today I went to a boutique owned by some Puan Sri at TTDI. They wanted me to teach them how to use a cd burner but when I got there, there's not a single cd-writer installed on their pcs. Like duh? Before I leave, the lady in charge there made sure I check every pc for problems. Normally I would do it without any hesitation but then it was nearly 1:00 PM and I really like need to go to the mosque now and hello, it's Friday remember? Pray at the mosque? Also, I think that boutique is a disaster waiting to happen. None of the pcs there have any antivirus program installed and I'm pretty sure all of them are infested viruses. I asked my colleague about this but he doesn't remember removing any antivirus program from those computers. I expect to hear a distress call from them soon.

Back at the office there was a brainstorming session held by The Boss. I only joined halfway through the session so I'm quite at loss with what's happening. It got something to do with mind-mapping or something.

A few days ago some people from the air conditioner shop came by to install, you guessed it, air conditioners at our new wing. They spend the whole day here fixing those air conds. My collegues next door have been working in the sweltering heat for almost two weeks now. Today though we found out a number of our expensive network cables and one unit of walkie talkie is missing. We quickly suspects those contractors took them and our suspicions were confirmed when we checked the CCTV recording. So the towkey (boss) of the air cond shop came by this afternoon along with the suspects. He didn't believe his boys took them at first until he saw the recording for himself. When I left the office earlier this evening, the visibly furious towkey was still hurling abuses at his workers who I presume confessed to their crime. It would be interesting to see how this episode develops tomorrow.

Just now as we stopped by the traffic light en route to pick up Mama, Adam was complaining that the red light took so long to change. So I jokingly told him to blow at the traffic light until the lights turn green. Adam innocently thought I was serious so he really blew at the traffic lights until they eventually turned green. I think he believed blowing at traffic lights really works now cause he did that to every traffic lights we found along the way. Silly kid. I think I'm gonna enjoy seeing him do that a while longer he he!

No comments:

Post a Comment