19 January 2008

Like my new banner? I think they're cool too. Just now I finished watching season 1 of Heroes. Some of my friends have been talking about this TV series since last year and although I'm quite curious to know what it's all about, I have no means to get my hands on them back then. (Plus I hate to admit to Rina that I like Heroes too :P).


So when I got an Internet connection at home, the first thing I did was download this TV series, from The Pirate Bay. I love Sewdish people, they seeds all the time. Torrent connection with Maxis broadband is super-slow here though and they only became available after midnight so I had to wait over a month to download the entire season. I must say I'm very impressed with Heroes, a show like no other. I like how those seemingly ordinary people discover their special abilities and use them for good or evil. And the plot, well you know everybody loves a conspiracy.

Nevertheless I still think the story is a bit too far-fetched, realistically speaking. How the heck does all those people gained their special powers just by giving their DNA sample for the GNOME project? I've read about the GNOME project and the best result that they could produce from it is a cure for human illness, that's all. Haven't they heard? To gain superhuman abilities you've got to be bitten by a radio-active spider or you come from Krypton in a spaceship!

About the characters, I think Peter Petrelli is the coolest of all the Heroes. How I'd love to sink my teeth in his brain and gain all his power he he (just kidding!). Frankly,Sylar is way too evil for my liking. Hiro Nakamura - cute as he is I don't think he deserves to get his special ability. He need s to have some serious self-esteem first and not loose the the ability to use his power at critical and desperate times. Nathan is cool. I wonder why he wants to go into politics with a power like that. If I were him, I'd be jet-setting around the world all the time. Apart from Isaac Mendez, Matt Parkman seemed to have the weakest power compared to the rest of them. But then watch as he develop his powers in season 2. Micah's abilities is really cool. It's a bit weird though. His dad can phase through solid objects and his mom has superhuman abilities and the kid can talk to machines? Where's the connection in that? I mean Claire inherited her Grandma's regeneration while Parkman got it from his dad and Micah? Where got? I wonder if D.L is his father in the first place. I think Niki screwed up with somebody else first he he!

Anyway I look forward for season 2 of Heroes. I know the series's production stopped because of the current WGA strike but I've read about all eleven episodes on Wikipedia so I had the general idea what happens next. I don't think I can download season 2 anytime soon though. My electricity bill virtually doubled this month since I left my PC on all night long. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment