16 October 2008

A few months ago I found out I cannot use my Maybank ATM card. When I went to make a new one, they insisted that I replace my identity card first because they cannot read anything from the chip. So I have no choice but to make a new I.C just to get a freaking replacement ATM card.

Which I only did today. Actually I lost my I.C twice already before so I was worried that I might have to pay the 310 ringgit fine to make a new one. Fortunately I don't. This time I didn't loose my I.C, I just want to replace it (which is free of charge). And while am at it I thought why not change my address also? This is my chance. I'd like to cast my vote here in Selangor in the next general election. It's not that I don't love my home town Kelantan anymore, it's just I'd like to keep BN/UMNO out of Selangor forever and ever. Besides I'm confident my folks back home will keep PAS in power for the next few decades.
To change the address on your I.C you just need to bring a copy of your water or electricity bill so that they can confirm that you live wherever you put your address at. Remember to make a photocopy of the bill before you go. Then fill up the form, pay 10 ringgit and voila! You are now a resident of Selangor/KL/Sabah/wherever. As for me, I need to make a new I.C so I have to take a new photo also. I didn't have the chance to put on any make up so that explains the tulan face. Plus they make me wear that one-size-fits-all fugly blazer for the photo shoot. Then I'm finished. They will keep your current I.C and gave you a temporary one like the one above. My new I.C will be ready in a month's time so they say.

Now I just have to convince Linda to do the same. Else there will be a huge logistical problem come election day.

p.s: I change my address to my mom's place in Serdang.

No comments:

Post a Comment