26 January 2009

It's that time of the month again where we went to the hypermarket to do our groceries. But first we must eat.

I still can't forgive those idiots at Al-Azwath (a mamak restaurant) who forgot to serve my drink when I last ate there so all this while I've been going to Haji Tapah instead. Don't be fooled by that name. They're a 100% mamak restaurant. So listen now. Haji Tapah is MY restaurant. Everybody go to some place else ha ha!

Just kidding!

We were like their first customer of the day or something because they treated us really well from the moment we stepped out of the car until we left. Linda and Adam had roti canai while I had a plate of this signature mee goreng mamak (mamak style fried noodle) with what else, a glass of sweet teh tarik of course. I bet you can't find this anywhere in London right Ieda? Even if you do, I'm sure it'll cost a bomb. Anyhoo, the friend noodle was so-so. Not too bad but not that good either. I missed my fave mamak haunt, Restoran Maulana right in front of padang in Seri Serdang. They're closed indefinitely at the moment. No idea where'd they go.

After breakfast we went shopping. Not in Puchong, not in Cheras but in Mutiara Damansara. Yup, we shop at Tesco, the evil Tesco today. Giant is too expensive for our liking and I don't like shopping at Carrefour either because of their lousy staff. At least Tesco Mutiara Damansara got a little play area where Adam can play.

Right after that we went to IKEA next door. Now most people don't know this but a few years back I signed a MOU with IKEA. That's why I need to visit any IKEA branch at least 10 times a year in exchange for their unconditionallove and devotion for me he he.

Okay-okay I'm just messing with ya. There's no MOU and I went there voluntarily. Since we spent nearly 2 hours at Tesco earlier, by the time we got to IKEA it was already crowded there. Chinese New Year or not, they just kept coming to IKEA.

First we left Adam to play in Småland (their play area). Now that's what I love about IKEA. Their store is very family oriented (not like Tesco). They've got a big, dedicated play area, lots of baby changing room and many things were set up with family in mind (like the restaurant, trolley, stairs, etc-etc). That's the way to treat your customer. Meanwhile in Tesco, you'll find only 3 benches for everybody to sit in the entire store. So cheap.

We didn't buy anything much in IKEA except for a clothes rack, a small cushion and a children stool for Adam. The cushion was meant for that exchange thingy Linda had to do every once in a while at her office. So anybody want a black Granat cushion, you can change your (good) stuff with Linda on Wednesday. Our last clothes rack was destroyed by our neighbours cat and Adam needed that stool to do his homework. So everything we bought today is all justified, thank you very much.

Of course before we leave we had their famous/cheap 2 ringgit hot dog and curry puff.

3 comments:

  1. why you always claim all the tempat makan yang i recommend to you as yours ah?

    first the seri mutiara..then haji tapah..i remember you disliked the latter very much before this..

    haji tapah memang treat their customers like VIP la..

    so please don't do that again will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say what you like but I'm sure you'll stay clear of haji Tapah after this ha ha!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. excuse me siapa di sini yang selalu cabut lari and sorok? hahahaha

    not me of course!

    tmn equine is my territory so stay away!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete